November 3rd, 2015
- Levis aired a gritty, edgy spot in Sept. 2009 focused on their jean’s toughness.
- Goal: appeal to a younger demographic.
- The creative had a “home movie” feel with a scratchy male voice over a noisy background.
- An $18 million media buy ran nationally for four weeks.
- The Ad suddenly disappeared, then reappeared six weeks later with a new soundtrack.
- The first version of the spot was more than 200 points below norm.
- Viewers found the voice over difficult to understand and somewhat disturbing.
- The revamped version scored more than 60 points higher than the original.
- Though still below industry norms, the simple, inexpensive change was successful.
Scroll To Top