Can This Toyota Ad Be Saved?
- Toyota re-launched a Tundra ad in May 2010 that first aired in February 2009.
- The ad had scored significantly below norm in 2009.
- The ad featured a Tundra climbing in a hot desert — highlighting its cooling system.
- 2009 Ace Scores revealed that consumers were more concerned about value than cooling systems.
- The focus on features (such as cooling system) could not compete with innovative programs from competitors such as Hyundai.
- When the recession began to ease in 2010, Ace Scores revealed that the same ad tested above norm.