Who is Ace Metrix?
Ace Metrix has developed a unique approach to measuring the creative effectiveness of in-market television and video advertising. Our software as a service (SaaS) platform delivers detailed analytics for TV and video ads within 24-48 hours of their in market debut. Our standardized approach to surveying and scoring ads allows advertisers to benchmark ads within their brands and against the competition. Real time updates of breaking ads help brand managers and their agencies quickly determine what works, what doesn’t and why, saving millions of dollars in misdirected ad spending.
What makes Ace Metrix different from other ad testing firms?
Our technology-driven, standardized and syndicated approach to advertising effectiveness is differentiated along a number of dimensions:
- Speed. Our online delivery model allows us to quickly and efficiently collect and deliver consumer feedback within 24-48 hours of an ad airing, allowing marketers to make decisions while they still matter – not weeks later when the ad or campaign has run its course.
- Usability. Our platform was designed from the ground up to be intuitive, collaborative and insightful. Further, our position is that the customer’s data should be available anywhere, anytime and we fulfill that promise through our web-based service as well as our portfolio of mobile device applications from our iOS to Android solutions.
- Comprehensive. From pre-testing to launch to in-market trending, the Ace Metrix Creative Lifecycle Management framework is the only approach that provides a single, comparable metric by which to judge an ad’s creative effectiveness.
- Competitive Context. By applying a standardized approach, all ads become comparable. Now marketers can compare ads — across the brand, across competitors, or even across industries using the Ace Score or any of its atomic components including key measures such as Desire, Relevance, Attention, Information, Change, and Likeability.
- Sample Size. By applying a standardized approach, Ace Metrix can generate significant samples – in excess of 500 respondents for every ad. This makes demographic cuts more meaningful and allows for target analysis without introducing significance risk.
- Value. Our syndicated offering leverages technology, not people and as a result generates better data quality, faster turnaround and lower costs. This structure, coupled with the Creative Lifecycle Management framework provides extraordinary value to our clients.
What is the Ace Score and how is it calculated?
An Ace Score is the overall creative effectiveness score for an individual TV commercial. It is based on two key measures: Persuasion and Watchability. The Persuasion rating is based on the interactivity of six data elements – Desire, Relevance, Likeability, Attention, Information and Change – automatically captured and analyzed for each ad. Watchability measures the engagement that a person has with the ad. Watchability and Persuasion interact to create the Ace Score.
What’s the Difference between the Ace Score and the Emotional Sentiment Index?
The Ace Score measures an ad’s effectiveness in terms of Persuasion, made up of Desire, Relevance, Information, Attention, Change and Likeability– and is then balanced by the ad’s Watchability.
Emotional Sentiment is independent of the Ace Score measures, introducing a different dimension of effectiveness, one relative to the objective of emotionally engaging the viewer, regardless of what emotion the advertiser expected to derive.
How many TV ads has Ace Metrix measured so far?
As of September 2013, Ace Metrix has measured over 30,000 TV commercials across 24 industries and 85 categories.
How does Ace Metrix deliver data?
Ace Metrix has developed an award-winning user interface that allows marketers to develop, discover and share insights across the organization. Marketers can review and analyze the data around their creative as well as the creative of their competitors through any web browser. Ace Metrix has also developed a suite of mobile applications that keep marketers in touch with their data and the competitive ecosystem in real time – all the time.
When was Ace Metrix founded?
Ace Metrix was founded in 2007. In August 2008, it was funded by Hummer Winblad Venture Partners of San Francisco and Palomar Ventures in Santa Monica, CA. Subsequent investors included Leapfrog Ventures and WPP.
Where is Ace Metrix based?
Ace Metrix is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York.